Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hi. Hello. Welcome.

For the past couple of months (and when I say couple of months, I really mean 6... or 7...), I've been lurking through blogs and shyly reading tweets within the writing community without much attempt at "putting myself out there".

As a new writer, submitting my work to the literary world has been one of the most terrifying experiences of my life (and I have had my fair share of terrifying experiences). Add in following the heavy hitters in my writing community and it's easy to feel eclipsed by people farther ahead of me in their writing journey.

Writing has always been a solitary, hole-myself-up-in-my-room-and-never-come-out experience. Never did I think that right outside my door, there was an endless supply of support.

So, I've decided to leap and try something out of my comfort zone. Whether or not I fall or fly, at least I know I'll have an army of support to soften my landing.

Welcome to my site of random musings, adventure recollections, and detailed chronicles of my journey to authorhood.

Please, stay awhile. I'm sure it will be a very amusing ride.

DZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment